CIL $10,0000 CASH COMPETITION AUGUST 2017 - JANUARY 2018 CONDITIONS
- This competition ("Competition") is conducted by AAI Limited ABN 48 005 297 807, trading as CIL Insurance (“the Promoter”), of Level 28 Brisbane Square, 266 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000, ph 13 11 75. Please direct any postal correspondence to Level 33, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
- All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
- The Competition is only open to individuals who: (i) are Australian residents aged 18 years or older at time of entry; (ii) are not directors, management or employees, or their immediate family members, of the Promoter or its related companies or agencies associated with the Competition; and (iii) own a caravan, RV or camper trailer ("Eligible Entrant").
- Competition entry commences at 12.00am on 1 August 2017 and closes at 5.00pm on 31 January 2018 (“Entry Period”). Except as otherwise stated, all times are Melbourne time.
- To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period, complete and return to the Promoter an entry form particular to this Competition by one of the methods described in a. or b. below:
- To enter at an event during which the Promoter is in attendance, an Eligible Entrant must fully complete the Promoter’s entry form including First Name, Last Name, and Email address, confirm that they own a caravan, motorhome or camper trailer, nominate whether they are an existing customer, and tick the box agreeing to the terms and conditions and to receive CIL Insurance marketing communications and not opt out during the Entry Period; or
- visit cilinsurance.com.au (“Competition Website”) and follow the directions to fully complete and submit the entry form including their first name, last name, valid email address, confirm that they own a caravan, motorhome or camper trailer, nominate whether they are an existing customer of the Promoter, and tick the box agreeing to these conditions as well as consenting to receive CIL Insurance marketing communications and not opt out during the Entry Period. The Eligible Entrant must confirm their email address by clicking on the link in a subsequent email from the Promoter, sent to the email address supplied. The entry will only be valid once the Eligible Entrant has confirmed their email address.
- Entrants may only enter the Competition in their own name. Limit of one entry per person. Any subsequent entry from the same person after the first valid entry is received will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries will be deemed received at the time that the Promoter is satisfied that all necessary requirements under condition 5 have been met and not at the time of submission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or delays or failures in any equipment or telecommunications service used to administer this Competition.
- Cost of entry via the internet is free, but internet connection and usage rates may apply. Eligible Entrants should obtain details of such costs from their service providers.
- Eligible Entrants must submit their internet entry manually. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, declare an entry invalid or disqualify any entrant that tampers with the entry process from such tampering, submits an entry that is incomplete or not in accordance with these conditions, or otherwise acts in a manner that is disruptive, dishonest or calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to require an entrant to verify the validity of their entry within the requested time, including but not limited to an entrant’s identity, eligibility, age and address and to disqualify any entrant who does not satisfy any entry criteria in these conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Proof considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
DRAW AND PRIZE(S)
- All valid entries received during the Entry Period will be entered into the prize draw. The random prize draw will be held at 12.00pm 23 February 2018 at Salmat Digital Pty Ltd, Level 2, 116 Miller Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060.
- There is one prize to be won. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the prize. The prize is $10,000 cash, transferred to the prize winner by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) upon the winner verifying their ownership of a caravan, motorhome or camper trailer and upon notifying the Promoter of their bank account details. If a winner is unable to verify their ownership of a caravan, motorhome or camper trailer the winning Eligible Entrant will forfeit the prize.
PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO PRIZE(S) GENERALLY
- The total prize pool is valued at $10,000 AUD.
- Any additional costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize, are the responsibility of the winner.
- No compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to take any element of a prize as stated, or does not satisfy any conditions of use for any element of the prize (including conditions imposed by event organisers or staff, or other prize providers, such as health, behavior, age and safety requirements), for whatever reason. Any part of a prize that is not taken for any reason is forfeited and no compensation will be provided.
- Other than as expressly stated in these conditions, a prize is non-transferable, nonrefundable, non-exchangeable, non-replaceable, and non-redeemable for another prize, except at the Promoter’s discretion and subject to relevant State and Territory legislation.
- The winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the draw by email, using the details provided in their entry.
- The prize notification will include instructions as to how the winner is to claim their prize.
- The prize(s) will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
- The name of the winner and their State or Territory of residence will be published:
- on the Competition Website within 7 days of the prize being won for a minimum period of 28 days; and
- in The Australian newspaper on 28 February 2018.
- Subject, where relevant, to any directions given by a relevant gaming authority, if: (i) a prize is not claimed by a winner or the Promoter has been unable (despite reasonable efforts) to successfully contact the winner within 3 months of the draw for the Prize, by Friday 25th May 2018 or (ii) a winner is determined by the Promoter to be ineligible to win a prize in accordance with these conditions, the relevant prize will be forfeited and instead awarded to another Eligible Entrant in a redraw. Any such redraw will be made from a pool of the remaining Eligible Entrants and will take place at 1.00pm on 1 June 2018 at the same location as the original draw, with any unclaimed prizes awarded to the next valid entry randomly drawn in descending order of value (if applicable). The name of any resulting winner(s) and their State or Territory of residence will be published in The Australian newspaper on 6 June 2018. Any redraw prize winner(s) will be notified within 2 days of the redraw by email using the details provided in their entry.
- If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, or is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, weather event, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of any relevant gaming authorities, where required.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise); or (v) any delay in delivery (when not directly caused by the Promoter or its supplier), or failure of safe delivery of a prize.
- All of the Promoter's decisions in relation to all aspects of this Competition are final and no correspondence will be entered into. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- A winner accepts a prize at their own risk. Any tax liability arising as a result of accepting a prize is the responsibility of the winner. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or a prize, including without limitation: (i) any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; and (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. To the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law, it is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- The winner acknowledges that that their name and state of residence may be published in marketing material sent by entities who use the CIL Insurance brand for the purpose of notifying customers of competition winners.
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND MARKETING CONSENT
- Entrants’ personal information is collected from entrants by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable the Promoter and its agents to manage, administer and promote the Competition and, where applicable, publicise the winner(s). The personal information may also be provided to persons assisting the Promoter, including prize suppliers and deliverers, marketing agencies and IT providers, and to gaming authorities, media outlets and related companies. The Promoter will disclose a winner's name and State/Territory of residence to the Australian for publication. The winner’s name and State/Territory of residence will also be published on the Competition Website. By participating in the Competition, Eligible Entrants consent to these uses and disclosures of their personal information.
- Entry into the Competition also entitles the Promoter and any related companies that use the CIL Insurance brand (“we”/”us”) to let the Eligible Entrant know from time to time about news, offers, products and services they might be interested in (by any medium, including telephone, email, mail, SMS or online marketing). In order to carry out direct marketing, entrants’ personal information will be collected from and disclosed to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services. We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from entrants or others, with the information we, or other companies in the Suncorp Group, or our service providers already hold about entrants. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance. Each Eligible Entrant agrees that they must provide and/or maintain their consent to receive such marketing communications and not opt out of receiving such communications during the Entry Period.
- Competition permits ACT TP 17/01097.1, NSW LTPS/17/14925, SA T17/ 1051.